Coronavirus – the latest updates from George Foreman Grills - FIND OUT MORE
- 2 medium sized red or yellow pepper (halved and de seeded)
- 5ml olive oil
- 75g risotto rice
- 400ml boiling water
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 mushrooms, finely diced
- 15g cream cheese
- 30g red pesto
- Ground black pepper
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
Serves 2 as a main, or 4 as a starter
- Pour the rice and water into a saucepan and cook for 10-12 minutes until the rice is soft.
- Wash and dry the pepper and coat the outer skin in olive oil. Preheat the grill to setting ‘4’ and cook the peppers for 6 - 8 minutes until the skins soften.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked risotto rice with the spring onion, mushrooms, cream cheese, pesto and black pepper. Spoon the mixture into the grilled pepper halves and top each with a slice of cheese.
- Change the grill to the ‘melt’ setting by opening the grill and carefully removing the top plate and then closing the grill once again (WARNING: this may be hot). The grill will automatically sit in an elevated position leaving a gap between the food and top heating element.
- Put the peppers back on the grill and press the melt button to give out an intense burst of heat for perfectly crisp toppings. Cook for 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling