In order to ensure our websites, mobile sites and mobile applications are easy to use and up-to-date, we use the web analytics service Google Analytics to understand how visitors use our sites. This allows us to see, for example, which content on our website is the most popular and also to ensure that our content is constantly updated and improved. The information that we collect is anonymous and used for statistical purposes only. These cookies are also used to create profiles or personalize content, e.g. advertisement based on your interests.
Click “Accept all” to agree to all cookies. Click “Required only” to only accept the cookies required for the website to function. You can also further customize your settings or access more information via “Customize Settings” or by clicking here to learn more.
Please select the checkbox if you wish to Opt In. These cookies allow us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance of our sites.
Coronavirus – the latest updates from George Foreman Grills - FIND OUT MORE
Vegan Spinach and Mushroom Lasagne
- 1 small butternut squash, sliced thinly
- 250g spinach
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 30g dairy free butter
- 30g plain flour
- 300ml dairy free milk (soya, coconut, almond)
- Salt and pepper
- 60g vegan grated cheddar cheese
- For the béchamel sauce, heat the milk on the hob, and in a separate pan heat the butter and add the flour, whilst continuously stirring, cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add the heated milk a bit at a time until all incorporated, season, cover with some baking paper or cling film and set aside.
- Cook the butternut squash in salted water for 2 minutes, remove from the water and refresh in iced water, drain and dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook on a high heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Take the Evolve deep pan plate and layer up the butternut squash slices, mushroom mix and béchamel sauce, making sure to finish with béchamel sauce. Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Attach the plate to the Evolve grill; put a piece of baking paper on top of the lasagne and cook at 160ºC for 10-20 minutes until piping hot.
Tip- Be careful not to over fill the deep pan plate as when cooking it could over flow. Leave at least ½ cm at the top.