Coronavirus – the latest updates from George Foreman Grills - FIND OUT MORE
Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Bacon
- 8-12 rashers streaky bacon
For the hash browns -
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ white onion, finely sliced
- 1 ½ cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 70g corn flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
To serve -
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 150-200ml sour cream
- Peel and grate the sweet potatoes, rinse in cold water. Drain and squeeze any excess water out of the potatoes using a cloth before transferring the potato to a bowl.
- Mix in all other ingredients, then divide the mixture into equal amounts (approx. 8) and shape into balls.
- Pre heat the grill, cook in batches for 8-12 minutes until outside is crispy and golden brown.
- Cook the bacon for 6-8 minutes.
- To serve, layer hash browns with 3-4 rashers of bacon, then top with some soured cream and sprinkle with spring onions.