Coronavirus – the latest updates from George Foreman Grills - FIND OUT MORE
Grilled Pineapple Sundae
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced approx. 1-2 cm thick
- Vanilla ice cream
- 80-100g pecan nuts, lightly roasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Icing sugar for dusting
For the butterscotch sauce –
- 250ml double cream
- 175g dark brown sugar
- 55g butter
- For the butterscotch sauce, put all ingredients in a pan. Bring to the boil, stirring regularly, then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- For the pineapple, using a cutter, remove the centre core of the pineapple rings. Pre heat the grill. Brush the pineapple rings with the oil and dust with icing sugar. Grill for 4-8 minutes until golden brown.
- To serve, place the grilled pineapple down, fill the ring with a large scoop of ice cream. Drizzle some butterscotch sauce over the top and sprinkle with the chopped and roasted pecans.