In order to ensure our websites, mobile sites and mobile applications are easy to use and up-to-date, we use the web analytics service Google Analytics to understand how visitors use our sites. This allows us to see, for example, which content on our website is the most popular and also to ensure that our content is constantly updated and improved. The information that we collect is anonymous and used for statistical purposes only. These cookies are also used to create profiles or personalize content, e.g. advertisement based on your interests.
Click “Accept all” to agree to all cookies. Click “Required only” to only accept the cookies required for the website to function. You can also further customize your settings or access more information via “Customize Settings” or by clicking here to learn more.
Please select the checkbox if you wish to Opt In. These cookies allow us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance of our sites.
Coronavirus – the latest updates from George Foreman Grills - FIND OUT MORE
Grilled chilli prawns with lettuce and polenta
- 4-6 large raw prawns per person (tails on)
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Olive oil
- 4 little gem lettuces
- Handful of pitted black olives (of your choice, dried are best)
- 1 packet pre-cooked polenta
- 12 mini plum tomatoes
Created by Mumsnetter Abie S from Belfast
Add a little pep to prawns with this sweet and spicy recipe for your George Foreman grill. Perfect as a light snack or a starter, chilli prawns are easy to prepare and cook and you won’t be able to stop with just one.
Method (serves 4):
- Pre-heat your George Foreman Grill until ready.
- Slice the polenta into 8 slices and brush lightly with olive oil and place on the grill for 5 mins.
- Place the prawns in a bowl with 1 desert spoonful each of sweet chilli sauce and olive oil. Turn in the mix carefully and leave to marinate.
- Cut the little gems in two lengthwise, brush with a little of the prawn marinade and place on the grill.
- Turn the polenta to cook on the reverse side. Thread the prawns onto short wooden skewers and place on the grill.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a bowl with the olives.
- Remove the grilled lettuce when golden brown on the cut side.
- Once the prawns are sticky and golden remove from the skewers and add to the salad .
- Place the grilled polenta on a plate and top with the salad. Make a quick dressing from the chilli sauce and olive oil to taste and drizzle over. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Top tips: Serve without the polenta for a delicious starter